Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I received a request from the government for additional information from my family physician as well as an optometrist to confirm that my current condition still permits me to drive safely. I don't know how many times I've have these forms completed in the past yet it looks like this will be ongoing two years. It's not that I mind getting them completed yet by the time I factor in all of the costs associated completing these forms they actually represent the majority of my medical expenses.

Sometimes I get the feeling that they are just trying to wear you down to the point where you give in. Well I've got news for them because it's not going to be that easy with me my intent is to stand firm and maintain my driving permit for as long as possible. In a way I guess you can't blame them when they look at the prognosis they know that eventually I will have to give up my driving privileges but I'm not ready for that yet and as long as I believe to be comfortable and safe behind the wheel I'll do my best to keep my permit.

Wouldn't it be a waste if I lost them today as the modifications which allow me to drive account for close to $10,000 but I guess the government doesn't look that far ahead and to them it's peanuts since after all we all pay for it.

Made an appointment with the ophthalmologist on February 11 and just completed a letter to my general practitioner explaining the reasons why I needed the forms completed. The last time they were done I did not have a family physician they were completed by my neurologist. It should be interesting as my general practitioner doesn't know that much about multiple sclerosis and a good portion of the form deal specifically with that issue.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages