Followers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday, January 10, 2008

Pretty good day today although I did not venture outdoors and took a few Tylenol's for aching muscles from my experience yesterday.
It happens infrequently yet when it does I am totally helpless, I one time if I fell I was able to slide myself on the floor in order to get to my lift chair "one that is meant for the bathtub but I modified it" sit on it and then rise to the point where I can transfer to a chair.
Well yesterday before supper I missed the transfer from my wheelchair to my recliner by one or 2 inches not much but enough to know that I wouldn't make it so as I always do I do not try and prevent the fall but rather let it happen in a semi-controlled manner. Not bruised I ended up taking the advantage of lying sideways on the floor with a pillow and watched some television. Luckily of course my spouse was there, with her help actually she propped me up to a sitting position where we enjoyed dinner and a glass of wine.
After which she retrieved my lift chair and eventually I made it on the chair which is only about 2 inches off the floor, raised it to its highest level and slowly slid sideways onto my electric wheelchair.
There is no doubt that had she not been there I would've had to call for help probably 911 as I did probably about a year ago now. With her help everything returned to normal other than stiff muscles and a bruised ego I came through fine. That has to be one of the hardest things to come to grips with the realization that you can no longer function on your own you are dependent on someone else in the event anything out of the ordinary should happen. It's humiliating and it's so frustrating the only way to come out of that is to have a good shoulder to cry on which thank God I have and I did for quite some time, finally dried my eyes out went to bed and slept till this morning.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages