Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I haven't written in quite some time, if there is something good to be said about my battle with primary progressive MS it is that the disease is relatively stable. There is progression little doubt about that however I'm given the time to adapt to the changes as they arise.

This is not what I would normally post yet I was surprised few were aware these even existed.

Door Hinge
Simply replacing the hinges with a on a standard door with a "swing clear hinge" could very well provide you with the width you require without having to replace the door frame and installing a wider door. When you open a door with a normal hinge a portion of the door remains in the opening, this hinge moves the door out of the way completely so you gain an extra inch or inch and a half. That may be all you require to prevent you from ripping your knuckles to shreds or damaging your door frames?



I'm certain these hinges are available in Canada, if memory serves me correctly I remember them manufactured by Stanley selling for less than the one shown in the picture I'm providing. Surprised to find out that many people were not aware they existed. This hinge basically moves the door out of the way so you gain the door thickness and a bit more all in all probably close to an inch and a half which is more than enough for most situations.

It's much cheaper than widening the door frame and replacing the door.
I just thought I'd share it. Anything to make our lives easier right.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages