Followers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday has to be one of the finest days of the week isn't it? There's a different feel on Fridays I remember at work things still got done yet the ambience was very different from any other day of the week. Difficult for me to believe it's almost been nine years since I stopped working. Most persons tend to forget that I stopped working for a reason, it wasn't because I disliked what I did the cause was plain and simple Multiple Sclerosis the illness, fatigue, loss of dexterity, numbness, bladder problems, doctor appointments etc. etc. etc.

This year for reasons that remain a mystery to me I was approached to be the spokesperson for the United Way campaign, La Ressource and finally our MS walk this spring. I accepted the role for our walk as MS is something which affects my spouse and I every single day. This is not to say that the other functions were unimportant on the contrary the United Way is one of the if not the top fundraiser every year on a national basis. They donate funds to a multitude of charitable organizations one of them being The Canadian National Multiple Sclerosis Society. If I could participate in all of them frankly I would go back to work yet I don't have the strength or endurance to be at them all. I selected the one closest to our hearts and hope my involvement will make a difference.

A website that I frequently visit is hosted by Teva Marion the pharmaceutical firm that makes Copaxone one of the leading disease modifying therapies in use today. The site is interesting and offers people with MS a chance to communicate and exchange information on a forum. It's relatively new and most of the people appear to be recently diagnosed given time it will probably attract others providing a broader view. You can visit it at the following address

http://beta.mswatch.ca/


Have a great weekend
Michael

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages