Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Today is a special day as my spouse and I celebrate our 33rd year wedding anniversary. You may wonder what this has to do with MS and why I would even include it in my blog.

Diagnosed with primary progressive multiple sclerosis in 1994 that alone represents almost half of our life together, to say she deserves a medal is a gross understatement she deserved much more got the short end of the stick so to speak.

Our journey hasn't been easy, the adaptations from the get-go were and continue to be difficult at best. Definitely not something she signed up for yet she continues to share this burden with me every single day. Progressing fairly rapidly hurdles presented themselves as if someone had placed me on some fast track.
There were many instances where I would become frustrated at not being able to accomplish the simplest of tasks, something that would have presented no problems yesterday was virtually impossible today. It can be extremely difficult to live with someone during those times yet she stayed by me and loved me every step of the way. Providing space when I needed it yet always present if I needed her she is truly heaven sent.

I've often said given my misfortune I was was very fortunate that God provided me with my guardian angel while living. Nothing can come close to describing what she has been through, continues to live through always with a smile on her face. Whether or not I can do something is no big deal being together is what counts and I feel that whenever we are together. Having had the opportunity to meet many people with MS I can honestly say she is a rarity, the vast majority of people I met in support groups were women for the most part dealing with broken marriages surrounded by people who didn't care. The support group provided them with a way of sharing their frustrations, disappointments and everything they experienced during their daily lives. Honestly I could sense how fortunate I was every time I attended one of these sessions.

Nothing to do with MS? Personally I believe it has everything to do with my being able to live through this nightmare providing a glimmer of hope a light something positive in what would otherwise be a deadly spiral into obscurity.

I love you Denise with all my heart.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages