Followers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday, April 18, 2010

As we enter our final week of fundraising for our walk to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis we decided to set up a table in one of our local malls to solicit funds. We ended the day with over $400 collected from our donation requests. It's not as easy as it sounds, many people are generous giving what they can others simply walk by and totally ignore you. Oh well I can guarantee you one day it will be their turn.

Nous entrons dans la dernière semaine de campagne pour notre marche de l'espoir. Voici une photo de Denide et moi installé aux promenades samedi le 17 avril. Une journée entière par compte nous avons accumulé plus de $400.00 en demandant des dons pour notre cause. Ce n'est pas aussi facile qu'on pense il y a beaucoup de gens qui sont généreux et d'autres font comme si on n'existe pas. Eh bien un jour ça sera à leur tour.





On Friday I took yet another slip in the washroom and hurt my back trying to push my wheelchair to give me enough room to move around. I was virtually sandwiched between the vanity and the wheelchair the space was wide enough for me to fall into yet I couldn't move. Finally after trying for what seemed like an hour I was able to reach the joystick on my wheelchair and move it backwards away from me allowing me to get out from that sandwiched position.
I called my spouse who came home my thoughts were to use the modified bath chair to lift me up so I could transfer, yeah right you can do that when you have strength left in your arms something I didn't have wasted all of it trying to get out of this stupid predicament.
Ended up calling 911 explained the situation and within minutes three firemen showed up picked me up from the floor as if I was some kind of doll and placed me in my wheelchair. I have to send them a letter of thanks.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages