Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18, 2008

My first attempt at creating a blog,
It would be nice to meet people and share information about multiple sclerosis surely this would be the place.


I was diagnosed with primary progressive MS in 94 and can trace symptoms back to the early 90s. Today I am wheelchair-bound and have been on long-term disability since 2001.
In the beginning after receiving my diagnosis I didn't think much about this disease and I didn't think I'd spend a lot of time thinking about it. As time went on and the disease progressed it made a point of reminding me every single day that it was there.

As others I participated on the promise trial for Copaxone and injected this medication for close to four years before the pharmaceutical firm decided to stop the trial as there were no benefits found. They are bound to come out with something else yet it gets discouraging when everything you hear or read about is focused on those with relapsing remitting or secondary progressive types of this disease. It appears that little research is done to find the cause or treatment for primary progressive. Perhaps it's just me but I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Of course there are good days and bad days and at one time the good days seemed to outweigh the bad ones I'm getting to the point where I think they're on par.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Search This Blog

Pages